15 October 2020
The arrival of a new baby is an exciting time for friends and family members. If you want to create the perfect card to celebrate the arrival of a new bundle of joy these baby card messages ideas are for you!
Coming up with the perfect message to express your joy in moments like this is sometimes surprisingly difficult to do, but have no fear – we've got you covered with a choice of thoughtful, simple and funny messages.
You can also use these baby card message ideas as inspiration to create your own – it's your choice! Happy crafting!
Before you craft your beautiful message, here are some tips you might find useful:
- The use of a poem or quotation from a children's book, for example, adds a thoughtful and special touch to your message.
- If you're addressing the card to the parents, address them both or you can address the card to just the baby, which adds a nice touch.
- Personalise your card – don't be afraid to get sentimental with your message.
- Avoid giving the parents parenting advice.
- If the parents have adopted a child avoid saying that the child has their features, etc.
Baby card messages for before the baby arrives...
A baby shower is a happy and exciting occasion that's all about celebrating the mum to be and baby. The messages below have been carefully selected, perfectly encapsulating the joy of this particular moment.
- Congratulations on your wonderful news! So many exciting times ahead!
- You're going to be parents! Congratulations! I'm/We're so excited!
- What wonderful/joyous news! An amazing new adventure is about to begin!
- Wishing you an easy, safe delivery and a healthy baby girl/boy.
- May you both be happy and healthy.
- Congratulations on your amazing news! Sending our best wishes!
- You're going to make an amazing mum!
- I hope the baby inherits (insert something you like about the mum to be e.g. beautiful eyes).
Love the idea of making your own cards? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine is for you, packed with seasonal projects, step-by-step tutorials, techniques to boost your skills, inspiration, expert tips and a beautiful set of craft papers with every issue!
Baby card ideas for when the baby arrives...
Here's a selection of thoughtful baby card message ideas that would look perfect in or on your card:
- Congratulations on the newest member of your little family! Bring on the nappies!
- Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy. You both will be fantastic parents!
- Warmest congratulations to you both – wishing your beautiful family all of the love and happiness in the world.
- So many happy and wonder-filled times ahead for you… congratulations.
- Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous baby boy/girl. We're super excited to meet the new addition to your little family!
- So happy for you both – congratulations!
- Wishing you all love and happiness! Congratulations!
- A new baby boy/girl! How blessed you are!
- Welcome to the world little one!
- It's wonderful news to hear of the birth of your gorgeous baby boy/girl! Congrats!
Here are some fun ideas:
- Twins/ triplets?! Good luck!
- Congratulations! Can’t wait for the flurry of new baby pics on social media… not!
- Woo, no sleep forever!
- Wishing you and baby (insert name) many years of good health, love, and happiness and not too much baby vomit and poop on your shirt!
- Congratulations to you both… Let the noise and nappy changing commence!
Finding this article useful? Don't miss our handy list of of greetings cards.
Messages from family
If you're a member of the family here are some baby card ideas:
- Congratulations on the birth of baby (insert name)! We're so excited to be grandparents!
- The birth of a granddaughter/grandson is such a special moment. We can't wait to be part of this little one's life and see her/him grow.
- What wonderful news – we have a new addition to the family!
- Hello baby (insert name), we can't wait to finally meet you after nine months!
- Congratulations (insert parents' names)! I can't wait to be the greatest auntie/uncle ever!
- What wonderful news! Yes, I will happily babysit baby (insert name)... anytime!
- How gorgeous is baby (insert name)?! We promise not to teach him/her any bad habits...
- What wonderful news (insert name) has arrived! We can't wait to watch him/her grow into an amazing human being!
What a wonderful gift it is to adopt a child into a loving family. Here are some card ideas you can use:
- This precious little baby is such a gift to you both, and you are such a blessing to them. Congratulations!
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness, laughter and joy!
- We're so pleased to hear that you've been able to adopt. You will both make wonderful parents!
- We're delighted to hear of the news of your adoption! What an amazing thing you have done, changing a child’s life and giving them all the love you have to give!
- Congratulations! Baby (insert name) will bring you such joy and happiness!
- Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! If there's anything we can do to help just ask!
Baby wishes for twins and multiples
If a loved one is expecting double the trouble or more, here are a few examples you can use or adapt:
- What wonderful news! We can't wait to meet your two/three bundles of joy!
- Good things come in threes!
- Born with a friend – how wonderful! Fantastic news!!
- Congratulations (parents names) on the birth of your beautiful twins/triplets.
- What joyous news! You will have double the joy and double the trouble!
- Congratulations! You're going to experience twice the love and half the sleep! Good luck!
Baby messages for difficult circumstances
When things don’t go to plan here are some message ideas full of love, support and positivity:
- Sending our congratulations on the birth of your precious baby boy/girl. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as baby (insert name) is in hospital.
- Congratulations on becoming parents. Our thoughts are with you all in this difficult time. If you need anything we're here for you both.
- Sending you happy and hopeful thoughts.
- So thankful that your precious little baby boy/girl has arrived.
To end your card
Yay! You've nearly finished your card! Take some inspiration or use one of these phrases below to complete your baby card message!
- Lots of love,
- All my/our love,
- So thrilled,
- All the best,
- Hugs and kisses,
- Love and cuddles,
- Love always,
- With love,
- Warm wishes,
- Best wishes,
- Health and happiness,
- With all best wishes,
- Love and best wishes,
- Warm regards,
- Best regards,
- All life’s best to you all,
- Congratulations and best wishes,
- Congratulations again,
- Love from,
Now you're equipped with baby card message ideas, be inspired on what to put in (or on!) a new home card.