20 October 2021
We've teamed up with our friends at DecoArt to share with you a fantastic hand painted project that will really make your Halloween rock and roll!
If you're wanting a fun DIY project for Halloween that's simple but highly effective, then we at Making Cards and Papercraft and our friends at DecoArt have got the perfect project for you! With just a few simple products (that you can get from our craft shop – like 'Rock Art!'), you can transform the stones lying around your garden into fun decorations for Halloween!
What's even better about this tutorial is that it's applicable all year round! Perhaps some festive stones, Valentine's pebbles or Easter rocks! No matter what the occasion, these cute little creations will bring joy and merriment to any party, all year round.
Hand painted Halloween rocks tutorial
What do I need?
- Americana® Acrylics: Cadmium Yellow (DAO10), Jack-O'-Lantern Orange (DA229), Lamp (Ebony) Black (DAO67), Snow (Titanium) White (DAO1)
- Craft Twinkles™: Crystal (DCT1), Gold (DCT3)
- Other supplies: small and medium brushes, rocks
Candy Corn coloured Halloween rock
1. Use a medium brush to paint the rock in Cadmium Yellow, Jack-O-Lantern and White. Overlap and blend the colors as you paint.
2. Use a small brush to paint the eyes and mouth in Black.
3. Use a medium brush to apply Gold and Crystal Craft Twinkles Glitter.
For the 'Sweet', 'Trick or treat' and Mini Candy Corn rocks use a medium brush to base coat the rocks in Black.
1. Use a medium brush to paint the speech bubble in White. Use a small brush to paint stripes around the speech bubble in Jack-O'-Lantern and Cadmium Yellow.
2. Transfer provided 'sweet' pattern and use a small brush to paint in Black.
'Trick or treat' rock
1. Transfer provided pattern. Use a small brush to paint in White.
2. Use a small brush to paint 'Trick' in Jack-O'-Lantern and 'or' in Cadmium Yellow.
Mini Candy Corn rock
1. Use a small brush to paint triangle shapes in white. Use a small brush to paint stripes in Cadmium Yellow and Jack-O'-Lantern. Use small brush to add Gold Craft Twinkles Glitter the bottom yellow portion of your candy corn images.
And there you have it! A simple but highly effective project that's fun for all the family! Thanks to our friends at DecoArt for their fantastic tutorial – check out their brilliant blog now! And for more Halloween crafting, check out these pawesome cards!