29 October 2020
Get your hands on our free 'ox' digi stamp download, together with a project for you to try as part of our animal-themed, ‘colour the creature’ series!
One for all you animal lovers! Here’s the next instalment in our fun and characterful ‘colour the creature’ series… this ox digi stamp download is perfect for creature-loving friends and family...
Need inspiration on how to use it? Look no further! Check out the project below...
Colour the creature project... ox
By Faye Wynn-Jones.
Colouring expert, Faye Wynn-Jones demonstrates an idea using the cute ox digi stamp download from our 'colour the creature' series. Follow the steps below to create your own lovely handmade card!
Love immersing yourself in card projects like this? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine is for you, filled with inspiration, stunning tutorials, expert interviews, the latest products and so much more!
What do I need?
- Making Cards & Papercraft ox digi stamp
- Computer & printer
- White & black card
- The Great Outdoors paper pad by Honey Bee Stamps
- Selection of Copic marker pens (see guide)
- Painted Greetings stamp set by Altenew
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
- Wonky Stitched Rectangle die set by Whimsy Stamps
- Die-cutting machine
Guide to using Copic marker pens
- Skin: YR30 (sketch), E50 (ciao), E30 (sketch), E55 (sketch)
- Hair/boots/belt: W5 (ciao), W7 (ciao), W9 (sketch)
- Eyes: B60, B63 (all ciao)
- White: W0, W1, W3 (all ciao)
- Pink: R000 (ciao), R00 (ciao), R01 (sketch), E70 (sketch)
- Brown: E70 (sketch), E71 (ciao), E74 (sketch)
- Red: R22, R14, R17 (all ciao)
How do I make it?
- Create an 11.5x14cm white card blank with the fold at the top.
- Re-size the digital image to measure 11cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed and trim around it, using the second largest die from the set.
- Mount the image panel on black card and trim to leave a narrow border.
- Cut patterned paper measuring 11x13.5cm, mount on black card, then attach to the card front.
- Stamp a sentiment in the top right of the image panel and attach to the card front.
- Finally, add the image panel with foam pads to the centre.
Explore more colourful creatures from the series...!
And don't miss our brilliant star sign digi stamps series!