12 August 2019
Bring balance to your cardmaking with a lovely Libra digi stamp.
What better way is there to personalise your cards than with a zodiac reference your recipient is sure to love? This fabulous free digi stamp is available to print as many times as you wish, so have fun and see how many different ways you can style this marvellously mysterious Libra digi stamp.
A few facts about Libra...
Librans are diplomatic, gracious and very social. They can be indecisive and tend to avoid confrontations because they like harmony.
Dates: September 23 - October 22.
Compatible signs: Aries & Sagittarius.
Strengths: Open-minded, cooperative, social, gracious.
Weaknesses: Resentful, indecisive, hesitant, attention-seeking.
Libra likes: Peacekeeping, sharing, being outdoors, harmony.
Libra dislikes: Imbalance, confrontation, violence, conformity.
Know someone who suits these qualities? Click here for your Libra digi download!
Psst, don't fret if the card you're crafting isn't for someone with the Libra star sign, you can simply leave out the writing and celebrate friends and family who love the water and beautiful underwater creatures.
Colour the stars project... Libra
Designer: Faye Wynn-Jones
Contributor Faye Wynn-Jones shows how she’s interpreted a digi stamp representing the Libra star sign, demonstrating how she’s used colour to bring the image to life. Follow the steps below to create your own Libra digi stamp card!
What do I need?
- Libra digi stamp by Making Cards & Papercraft
- Computer & printer
- White card
- 6x6 Spring Fling paper pad by Lawn Fawn
- Whimsy Stamps Happy Headlines Clear Stamp Set
- Whimsy Stamps It’s a Party Enamel Dots
- Copic marker pens (see guide)
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
- Black fine liner pen
Guide to using Copic marker pens:
- Skin: YR30 (Sketch), E50 (Ciao), E30 (Sketch), BV20 (Sketch)
- Hair/white: C0, C1, C3, C5 (All Ciao)
- Eyes: B60 (Ciao), B63 (Sketch)
- Green: YG01 (Sketch), YG05 (Sketch), YG63 (Ciao)
- Yellow: YR31 (Ciao), Y15 (Ciao), Y17 (Ciao)
How do I make it?
- Create a 10.5x14cm white card blank with the fold at the top.
- Re-size the digital image to measure 10cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed and carefully fussy cut, leaving a narrow border of white.
- Trim three pieces of patterned paper to measure 10.5x5cm, 10.5x4cm and 10.5x2.5cm, cutting two of the strips with one diagonal edge. Layer the three papers together and staple to the bottom of the card front as shown.
- Stamp the sentiment in the top right of the card front and doodle a border underneath.
- Attach the image to left of card front with foam pads.
- Add enamel dots randomly around the right of the card front to finish.
Where can I buy it?
Paper pad, stamps & enamel dots available from www.diestodiefor.com.
Want to make a stunning star-sign themed card but your recipient isn't a Libra? No worries, we've got a digi download for that! Check out the full series of zodiac digi stamps ready for downloading below...