04 December 2021
In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to create stunning paper bows to fix onto your Christmas presents.
Consisting of only five steps, this project is great if you are looking for a quick papercrafting project!
DIY paper bow tutorial
You will need
- Bow template
- Craft paper
You'll notice that there are lots of templates to choose from within this download – you can select the paper bow templates you need but you're welcome to use the rest in other papercrafting projects, too!
Lucky enough to own a die-cutting machine? Scan the templates into the design programme, such as that of a Cricut Explore Air, and you can set the machine to cut out all the shapes for you!
1. Using the templates provided, create a master template and draw around this onto the reverse of the paper you wish to use.
Top tip! Always draw onto the reverse of your paper in case you can’t rub out the marks on the front.
2. Using a sharp pair of scissors, cut out all the pieces required – there are three for each bow. If you're confident enough you could always cut your pieces out using freehand and a sharp craft knife.
Enjoying this bow-utiful project? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine is for you packed with projects, inspiration, top tips, the latest products and so much more. Plus, every issue comes with a gorgeous collection of craft papers! Check out the subscription offers today.
3. Dab a little glue onto the centre of the reverse of piece 2 and fold in each of the edges and secure in the centre to create your loops.
Top tip! You don’t have to use coordinating patterns on all the pieces – why not mix it up for a more eclectic look?
4. Secure piece 2 to piece 1 lining up the pieces and securing in the middle.
5. Finish by wrapping piece 3 around the centre and securing the ends behind.
Top tip! Add glitter to the edges of your bow for a bit of festive sparkle!
Why not make some more and turn them into a pretty paper bow bunting? You could do the same with paper poinsettia flowers! Or for more papercrafting inspiration, check out our free template: Christmas cracker download for some explosive fun!