03 December 2021
Create a pretty poinsettia paper flower to hang on your tree or decorate your baubles in this easy-to-follow tutorial...
It wouldn't be Christmas without a floral display of poinsettia flowers, so why not create your very own paper versions in just ten steps!
DIY paper poinsettia tutorial
You will need
- Poinsettia template
- Red card
- Craft knife (optional)
- Ink pad (Momento Rich Cocoa was used in the tutorial)
- Glue pen
- Decoration for centre of flower
You'll notice that there are lots of templates to choose from within this download – you can select the paper poinsettia templates you need but you're welcome to use the rest in other papercrafting projects, too!
1. Using the template provided, create a master template of each of the sizes of poinsettia flower. Use the desired sizes to draw around onto red card.
2. Using a sharp pair of scissors, carefully trim around the design.
3. Using a craft knife, or the blade of a pair of scissors gently score down the centre of each leaf.
4. Carefully bend the leaves to enhance the fold.
Enjoy all things papercraft? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine is for you packed with projects, inspiration, top tips, the latest products and so much more. Plus, every issue comes with a gorgeous collection of craft papers! Check out the subscription offers today.
5. With the fold positioned as a mountain fold and using a suitable ink pad, lightly dab the leaves. You particularly want to highlight the fold. Be sure to ink the edges also.
6. Repeat the previous steps with the size leaves required for the project. Then, using your glue pen, apply adhesive to the centre of the flowers.
7. Having re-bent the score to create a valley fold, layer together being careful to slightly offset the petals.
8. Choose how you'd like to decorate the centre of your flower.
9. Using the leaf template, cut out some leaves that coordinate in size with your flower and attach to the back of the flower.
10. Finish by re-creasing the leaves for definition.