In this tutorial Michelle Powell shows you how to make a cute torn paper teddy bear topper for your cards and scrapbooking from her book Twenty to Make: Tags and Toppers...
This versatile teddy bear topper makes a great addition to a baby or child's birthday card! Simply follow the step-by-step instructions to make your very own adorable teddy bear – happy crafting!
This tutorial is from Twenty to Make: Tags and Toppers by Michelle Powell, Search Press. If you love this project you can get the book from our online shop WITH an automatic 10% off just for being you, PLUS free UK P+P!
Teddy bear card topper tutorial
You will need
- Coloured card
- Organza ribbon
- Tiny hole punch
- Small circle punch
- Die-cutting machine and embossing folder
- All-purpose glue
- 3D foam pads
Top tip! You can also decorate a tag with a torn teddy. Make the head in the same way and tear a larger semi-circle for the body. Add a knot of ribbon for a bow tie.
- Trace and transfer the templates given on to the back of coloured card.
- Tear out each piece in turn, tearing away from you so that the front of the card has a nice torn edge.
- Chalk the edges of each piece and chalk on the cheeks. Punch tiny holes for eyes.
- Punch a small circle and cut it in quarters, using one to make a nose. Stick in place using a 3D foam pad and add a pencil line to the muzzle.
- Cut a 3.5cm (1½in) square of card and emboss it using an embossing folder in a die-cutting machine. Alternatively use ready-embossed or patterned card.
- Wrap the square with ribbon and knot at the top. Assemble the teddy using 3D foam pads for dimension.
The teddy design is so easy to transform into a cute panda. Use a black and white colour scheme and add two small, torn kidney shapes for the black panda eyes. Add a punched blossom to complete the transformation!
If you enjoyed making this charming project, you can find lots more amazing designs and inspiration from Twenty to Make: Tags and Toppers! Or for more crafty projects, check out our blog where you can learn how to make a mindfulness jar and lots more!