21 April 2012
Make a colourful spring hat perfect for all occasions, or make lots of them to fill a dolls house shop. ...
You will need
- Patterned or plain meadium weight card
- Circular hole punches
- Narrow Braid
- Hat stand
- Using a yellow patterned card by Papermania.
- Cut 2 x 37 mm circles from the patterned card.
- Glue these together so the pattern is on both sides
- Cut or punch a 16 mm diameter hole in the centre of the larger piece.
- This makes the top of the crown of the hat.
- Cut a 1/2" strip from the card.
- Curl it cound to create a cylinder that will fit into the hole in the brim.
- Glue the ends together.
- Run a line of glue around the inner circle of the brim and fix the cylinder inside.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Run a fine line of glue around the top and fix the small circle shape on top.
- Add lace around the underside of the brim.
- Add braid around the upper edge to hide the paper edges.
- Add braid around the top circle to cover these edges too.
- Add a fold of ribbon to the brim so it hangs down over the edge - chevron the ends neatly.
- Add a selection of roses to the brim or any other decoration you like.
- Display the hat on a hatstand.
Please visit Carol Carke’s website: www.dollshouseinterior.co.uk
This feature was originally published in Dolls House and Miniature Scene magazine. If you like making miniatures, why not buy yourself a copy of the magazine. Or better still take out a subscription so you never miss an issue. For fans of Facebook and Twitter, or to email, print or comment on the feature, please use the buttons above to share with your friends.
For materials and suppliers, please take a look at the marketplace section of this website.