Show your mum or the mother figure in your life how much you love her this Mother's Day with this easy decorating tutorial!
This style of cupcake is so easy, when you know how. Ideal for using up your leftover pastes and colours, simply top each cupcake with buttercream then the following:
Mother's Day cupcake tutorial
You will need
- Pastry cutter (5cm)
- Flower cutters
- Ball tool
- Foam pad
- Petal dust
- Edible glue (optional)
- Royal icing- white or brown (or you can use melted chocolate)
Love developing your cake decorating skills? Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft magazine is for you, packed with expert advice, step-by-step tutorials, techniques, inspiration-galore and so much more to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Roll out sugarpaste to the thickness of a pound coin and cut out circles with a pastry cutter (5cm) – you can choose either the plain or fluted circle. Leave to firm.
- Make flowers with plunger and flower cutters, smoothing and shaping edges with a ball tool on a foam pad (half on paste, half on pad then move to the ball tool around the edges).
- Add a little colour with petal dusts and either dots of royal icing in the flower centres or using edible glue, add three sprinkles to each centre.
- Pipe branches with royal icing in white or coloured brown or pipe melted chocolate branches.
- Attach flowers by pressing gently into the piped branches to adhere.
- Box and give.
Enjoyed making these cupcakes? Why not try modelling sugarpaste handbags cake toppers?!