Here's a convenient last minute Christmas pudding recipe if you want one in a hurry!
It's lovely to have a homemade Christmas pudding to share with the family. This recipe produces a flavoursome, festive treat. It can be eaten immediately or can be stored – the choice is up to you! Enjoy!
Last minute Christmas pudding recipe
You will need
- 350g mincemeat
- 75g chopped dates
- 110g sultanas
- 110g raisins
- 50g chopped almonds
- 50g fresh brown breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp brandy
For the brandy butter
- 75g unsalted butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp brandy
Love all things cake? Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft magazine is for you, packed with content to boost your skills and give you the ultimate sugar fix!
1. Grease the basin. Place a circle of greasproof paper in the base. Prepare a pan of water to come halfway up the basin.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and pack them into the basin. Cover with a circle of greaseproof paper then secure with foil. Have a long folded piece of foil to lower the basin into the water.
3. Bring the water to the boil, lower the pudding in and cover the pan with its lid and simmer for three hours or longer. Check the level of the water occasionally and replenish with boiling water if necessary.
4. To make the brandy butter beat all the ingredients together and chill. If you don't like brandy butter serve with cream.
Did you know...? The longer it boils the darker it becomes.
Looking for more Christmas treats? Why not try these easy Christmas tree bakes!