24 February 2022
Whether you're making a card for International Women's Day or in need of a motivational message to encourage a friend, these three fun designs are aimed at encouraging girls and women...
Who runs the world? Girls! Choose from a selection of inspirational cards to celebrate International Women's Day and follow the simple step-by-step instructions below... You can also adapt the cards to suit any occasion.
Power to the girls! Working with her favourite Copic markers and combined with the Here Come the Girls Stamp Set and craft papers, this eye-catching card by Faye Wynn-Jones is fierce! You can also use the stamps and craft papers to make cards for birthdays, to celebrate a success or even just to say 'hello' – whatever the occasion, we're sure you'll have fun personalising the design with colour!
You will need
- Making Cards & Papercraft Here Come the Girls Stamp Set
- Making Cards & Papercraft Personalities Craft Paper Collection
- Whimsy Stamps Pierced and Stitched Circle Die Set
- Honey Bee Stamps Over the Rainbow 6x6 Paper Pad
- Lawn Fawn Spring Fling 6x6 Paper Pad
- Polka dot embossing folder
- Copic markers (see below)
- Memento Tuxedo black ink pad
- Double-sided tape
- White card
- Foam pad
Guide to using Copic markers
- Peach: E000 (ciao), E00 (ciao), E01 (sketch), BV20 (sketch)
- Caramel: E21 (ciao), E11 (ciao), E13 (sketch), Bv20 (sketch)
- Brown: B99, 97, 95, 93, E47, 44, 43, 42, 41
- White: C3, 2, 1, 00, YR16, Y38
- Pink: RV25 (ciao), R27 (sketch), RV29 (ciao), R59 (ciao)
- Green: G24 (sketch)
- Stamp the girl on a piece of white card in black ink. Colour with Copics and trim around the edge, leaving a narrow border.
- Create a square top folding card, measuring 9.5cm. Using the fourth die from the set, cut a circle of white card and trim the edge. Stamp a sentiment in black ink to the trimmed circle, as shown.
- Cut one piece of personalities paper to measure 6x9cm and a second piece to measure 1x8.5cm and staple together. Add personalities paper to the card front.
- Attach sentiment panel to the right of the card and mount the girl with foam pads.
You can find even more eye-catching designs that are ideal for teenage girls in the Making Cards & Papercraft March 2020 issue.
You will need
- Making Cards & Papercraft Sweet Samantha Stamp Set
- Making Cards & Papercraft Sweet Samantha Craft Paper Collection
- White & black card
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
- Copic marker pens
Guide to using Copic markers
- Skin: E21, E50, E51, E71 (All Ciao)
- Hair: C3 (Ciao), C5 (Ciao), C7 (Ciao), C9 (Sketch)
- Grounding: W0, W1, W3 (All Ciao)
- White: C0, C1 (All Ciao)
- Light pink: V000 (Ciao), RV10 (Ciao), RV11 (Sketch), E70 (Sketch)
- Dark pink: RV63, RV55, RV17 (All Sketch)
- Turquoise: BG11, BG53, BG57 (All Sketch)
- Blue: B34 (Sketch), B37 (Sketch), B39 (Ciao)
- Create an 8x12cm white card blank. Cut dotted paper to 8x4.5cm and attach black card to the back, leaving a thin border along the bottom edge. Fix to the bottom of the card front.
- Stamp image on white card and colour using the guide to help you. Carefully trim around the image leaving a narrow border. Attach to the right of the card front with foam pads. Stamp the sentiment and hearts to the left of the image using black ink.
- Doodle a border under the sentiment.
This project is originally from the February 2019 issue of Making Cards & Papercraft. Available in a digital format, you can find plenty more inspirational messaging and designs inside the issue!
Looking for more fun card and papercraft tutorials? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine is for you – packed with easy-to-follow projects, oodles of inspiration, techniques, inspiration, expert advice and SO much more! Plus, every issue comes with a gorgeous set of craft papers! Explore the print and digital subscription offers today.
Stylish and sophisticated, you’ll have so much fun playing dress up with the All Dressed Up Craft Paper Collection and Stamp Set, just like Emma Williams and Kitty Frampton have here! Mix and match the outfit to suit your style...
You will need
- Making Cards & Papercraft All Dressed Up Stamp Set
- Making Cards & Papercraft Bloomin' Gorgeous and All Dressed Up Craft Paper Collection
- White, purple & pink card
- Silver mirri card
- Onyx Black Versa Fine inkpad
- Gloss White Crystal Drops by Tonic Studios
- Purple buttons
- Black fine line pen
- Create a 15cm square white card blank, fold at the top.
- Cut pink star paper to 14cm square, mount on purple card, leaving a thin border and fix to the centre.
- Cut a 14x2.5cm strip of the same paper, mount on purple card, leaving a border at the top and bottom only then fix across the card front, just below the centre. Add a button decorated with twine to each side. Cut out or layer two girls.
- Cut white card to 9.5x15cm and attach the girls to the centre with foam pads.
- Draw a double border with a black fine line pen, mount on to pink card then fix to the centre of the card front with foam pads, slightly overlapping the top edge. Stamp a sentiment on white card and trim. Mount on silver mirri card and attach as shown using foam pads.
- Add small dots of Crystal Drops around the girls and leave to dry.
Continue to mix and match the outfits in the October 2018 issue of Making Cards & Papercraft, where you can find a great selection of card designs.
Now that you've made special cards for the women in your life, it's time to turn your attention to the men... Choose from a selection of four designs that are adaptable to suit any age.