In this tutorial, learn how to create a shimmery crumpled paper background that's perfect for a variety of cardmaking and papercrafting projects!
Birthday or 'thank you' cards, the possibilities are endless with this easy-to-create background! The beauty of it, as with many others, is that you don’t have to be perfectly neat – in fact, the more random the pattern the better the outcome!
Shimmery crumpled paper tutorial
You will need
- Tissue paper
- Sail Boat Blue and Citrus, Meadow Ranger Alcohol Ink Tim Holtz
- Perfect Pearl powder by Ranger
- Glossy Accents
- Kitchen roll
1. Squeeze some Glossy Accents onto a piece of clear acetate in a random fashion but covering a lot of your work surface.
2. Add drops of alcohol inks randomly onto the surface – this will collect in the Glossy Accents and pool into lovely areas of colour.
3. Collect some Perfect Pearl powder on a brush and apply a light covering to the surface by gently tapping on the loaded brush with your finger.
Love learning new cardmaking techniques? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine has you covered with step-by-step tutorials aplenty, a wealth of inspiration, the latest from the world of papercrafting, PLUS a gorgeous set of craft papers with every issue!
4. Crumple tissue paper and lay it over the background. This will have raised ridges – you don't want it perfectly flat.
5. Blot the surface using kitchen roll to ensure the tissue paper is fully stuck to the acetate. Let it dry naturally to finish.
Top tip! It takes few hours for this to dry completely – it may be best to leave overnight. You can stamp over the acetate too.