14 May 2019
Personalise your papercraft with this charismatic Cancer digi stamp.
What better way is there to personalise your cards than with a zodiac reference your recipient is sure to love? This fabulous free digi stamp is available to print as many times as you wish, so have fun and see how many different ways you can style this chic Cancer stamp.
A few facts about Cancer...
Cancerians are loyal, emotional, sympathetic and tenacious. They can be arty and care deeply about family matters. But they tend to be moody, pessimistic and insecure.
Dates: June 21 - July 22.
Compatible signs: Capricorn & Taurus.
Strengths: Imaginative, emotional, loyal, persuasive.
Weaknesses: Insecure, moody, manipulative, suspicious.
Cancer likes: Being creative, socialising with friends, water, helping.
Cancer dislikes: Opening up personally, strangers, criticism of loved ones, surprises.
Know someone who suits these qualities? Click here for your Cancer digi download!
Psst, don't fret if the card you're crafting isn't for someone with the Cancer star sign, you can simply leave out the writing and celebrate friends and family who are oh-so-sophisticated.
Colour the stars project... Cancer
Designer: Faye Wynn-Jones
Contributor Faye Wynn-Jones shows how she’s interpreted a digi stamp representing the Cancer star sign, demonstrating how she’s used colour to bring the image to life. Follow the steps below to create your own Cancer digi stamp card!
What do I need?
- Cancer digi stamp by Making Cards & Papercraft
- Computer & printer
- White & black card
- 6x6 Painted Prints paper pad & Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame by MFT
- Die-cutting machine
- Copic marker pens (see guide)
Guide to using Copic marker pens:
- Skin: E000, E00, E21 (All Ciao), E70 (Sketch)
- Hair: C3, C5, C7 (all Ciao), C9 (Sketch)
- Eyes: B60 (Ciao), B63 (Sketch)
- Pink: R000 (Ciao), R01 (Sketch), R20 (Ciao), E70 (Sketch)
- Red: R56 (Sketch), R39 (Sketch), R59 (Ciao), RV99 (Sketch)
How do I make it?
- Create a 10.5x14cm white card blank. Trim red striped paper from the paper pad to 5.5x14cm and attach to the right of the card front.
- Re-size the digi image to 10cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed in the guide. Carefully trim, leaving a narrow border.
- Die-cut three frames from black card using the largest die from the set and layer together for added thickness.
- Attach the image to the inside of the bottom of the frame, then position her arm on top of the side.
- Attach to the centre of the card front, using foam pads behind her head.
Where can I buy it?
Paper pad & dies available from www.diestodiefor.com.
Want to make a stunning star-sign themed card but your recipient isn't a Cancerian? No worries, we've got a digi download for that! Check out the full series of zodiac digi stamps ready for downloading below...