Get your hands on our free 'monkey' digi stamp download, together with a cheeky project for you to try as part of our animal-themed, ‘colour the creature’ series!
One for all you animal lovers! Here’s the next instalment in our fun and characterful ‘colour the creature’ series… this monkey digi stamp download is perfect for creature-loving friends and family...
Need inspiration on how to use it? Look no further! Check out the project below...
Colour the creature project... monkey
By Faye Wynn-Jones.
Colouring expert, Faye Wynn-Jones demonstrates an idea using the cute monkey digi stamp download from our 'colour the creature' series. Follow the steps below to create your own lovely handmade card!
Love immersing yourself in card projects like this? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine is for you, filled with inspiration, stunning tutorials, expert interviews, the latest products and so much more!
What do I need?
- Making Cards & Papercraft monkey digi stamp
- Computer & printer
- White card
- 6x6 Giraffe paper pack & Notched Rectangle & Ticket die set by Whimsy Stamps
- Selection of Copic marker pens (see guide)
- Button twine
Guide to using Copic marker pens
- Skin: E50, E51, E21, E71 (all ciao)
- Hair: YR27 (sketch), E08 (ciao), E18 (ciao)
- Eyes: B60, B63 (all ciao)
- Orange: Y26 (sketch), YR23 (ciao), YR27 (sketch)
- Turquoise: BG72 (ciao), BG75 (sketch), BG78 (sketch)
- Brown: E70 (sketch), E71 (ciao), E74 (sketch)
How do I make it?
- Create a 12cm square top folding white card blank.
- Re-size the digital image to measure 11cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed and trim to size, leaving a narrow border all round.
- Trim patterned paper to measure 11.5cm square and distress the edges.
- Using the second largest die from the set, die-cut white card and attach the image with foam pads on top.
- Add cheesecloth and button twine around the bottom of the patterned paper, securing at the back and add to the card front.
- Attach the image panel to the left-hand side.
- Finally, add a twine bow just beside the image panel.
Explore more colourful creatures from the series!
And don't miss our brilliant star sign digi stamps series!