04 March 2020
Bring this cute character to life with our 'rat' digi stamp download, along with an adorable project for you to try as part of our animal-themed, ‘colour the creature’ series!
Rat lovers unite! Here’s the fourth instalment of our joyful ‘colour the creature’ series… this rat digi stamp download is perfect for rodent-loving friends and family…
Need inspiration on how to use it? We think you’ll love this…
Colour the creature project… rat
By Faye Wynn-Jones.
Colouring expert, Faye Wynn-Jones demonstrates an idea using the rat digi stamp download from our 'colour the creature' series. Follow the steps below to create your own super-cute rat digi stamp card!
Love projects like this? Treat yourself to a Making Cards & Papercraft magazine subscription for amazing inspiration, a plethora of stunning projects and so much more!
What do I need?
- Making Cards & Papercraft rat digi stamp
- Computer & printer
- White card
- Scripty BDay clear stamp set by Mama Elephant
- Copic marker pens (see guide)
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
- Be Mine inkpad by Catherine Pooler
- Copic multiliner
- White gel pen
- Rectangles Masking Stencils & Blender Brushes by Taylored Expressions
- Star sequins
Guide to using Copic marker pens
- Skin: E000, E00, E21 (all ciao), BV20 (sketch)
- Hair: W3, W5, W7 (all ciao), W9 (sketch)
- Brown: E42 (sketch), E43 (ciao), E44 (sketch)
- Pink: RV63, RV55, RV17 (all sketch)
How do I make it?
- Create a 10.5x14cm white card blank with the fold at the top.
- Re-size the digital image to measure 12cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed and trim to size, leaving a narrow border. Add a pattern to the dress with a black multiliner and white gel pen.
- Trim white card to measure 10.5x14cm. Attach the stencil to this card and add ink using a blending brush.
- Stamp the sentiment to the bottom left of the inked panel with black ink. Fix to the card front.
- Add the girl to the right of the card front with foam pads. Finish by adding sequins around the inked panel.
Where can I buy it?
Stamp set and stencils available from www.diestodiefor.com.
Ready for another animal digi stamp? Explore the rest of our ‘colour the creature’ series ready for downloading below…
And don't miss our brilliant star sign digi stamps series!