11 February 2020
Get creative with our free 'rooster' digi stamp download, along with a fun project for you to try as part of our animal-themed, ‘colour the creature’ series!
Here’s the third instalment of our joyful ‘colour the creature’ series… this rooster digi stamp download will rock-a-doodle-doo your recipient’s world!
Need inspiration on how to use it? Here’s one way to do it!
Colour the creature project… rooster
By Faye Wynn-Jones.
Colouring expert, Faye Wynn-Jones demonstrates an idea using the rooster digi stamp download from our 'colour the creature' series. Follow the steps below to create your own rockin’ rooster digi stamp card!
For lots more inspiration, an abundance of stunning projects and so much more, treat yourself to a Making Cards & Papercraft magazine subscription!
What do I need?
- Making Cards & Papercraft rooster digi stamp
- Computer & printer
- White & Kraft card
- Tiny Checks paper pad by MFT
- Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame die set by Die-Namics
- Die-cutting machine
- Copic marker pens (see guide)
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
- Brown pencil
- White gel pen
- Copic multiliner (0.3, Wine)
- Natural twine
- Paper distressing tool
Guide to using Copic marker pens
- Skin: E30 (Sketch), E31 (Ciao), E33 (Ciao), V95 (Ciao)
- Eyes: B60 (Ciao), B63 (Sketch)
- Hair: E27 (Sketch), E79 (Ciao), E49 (Ciao)
- Hat: E41 (Ciao), E42 (Sketch), E43 (Ciao)
- Rooster body: C0, C1, C3 (all Ciao)
- Rooster legs: Y13 (Sketch), Y15 (Ciao), Y17 (Ciao)
- Rooster comb & dress: R22, R14, R29 (all Ciao)
- Fleece: YG03, YG63, YG67 (all Ciao)
How do I make it?
- Create a 10.5x14cm white card blank with the fold at the top.
- Re-size the rooster digital image to measure 12cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the Copic markers listed in the guide below or of your own choice!
- Add hatch lines as shown to the inside of the hat with a brown pencil. Also, draw a checked pattern on the dress with a Copic multiliner and white gel pen.
- Trim the image to measure 9.5x12.5cm and distress the edges using a distressing tool.
- Cut a piece of gingham paper to measure 10x13.5cm and distress the edges, using a distressing tool. Layer the image in the middle.
- Using the second largest die, die-cut the frame from Kraft card three times and glue each on top of the other.
- Attach twine diagonally around the bottom right corner of the frame and tie in a bow at the front. Stick the frame over the image at an angle to finish.
Where can I buy it?
Paper pad and die available from www.diestodiefor.com.
Ready for another animal digi stamp? Explore the rest of our ‘colour the creature’ series ready for downloading below…
Love this artist? Why not access our brilliant star sign digi stamps series?!