Jazz up your cardmaking with this lively Leo digi stamp.
What better way is there to personalise your cards than with a zodiac reference your recipient is sure to love? This fabulous free digi stamp is available to print as many times as you wish, so have fun and see how many different ways you can style this confident Leo stamp.
A few facts about Leo...
A Leo’s strengths are their creativeness, cheerfulness and humour. Passionate and generous, but also stubborn, inflexible and doesn’t like being ignored.
Dates: July 23 - August 22.
Compatible signs: Aquarius & Gemini.
Strengths: Passionate, cheerful, creative, generous.
Weaknesses: Stubborn, self-centered, inflexible, arrogant.
Leo likes: The arts, bright colours, having fun with friends, holidays.
Leo dislikes: Lack of attention, not being a leader, being out of control, neediness.
Know someone who suits these qualities? Click here for your Leo digi download!
Psst, don't fret if the card you're crafting isn't for someone with the Leo star sign, you can simply leave out the writing and celebrate friends and family who love to stand out from the crowd.
Colour the stars project... Leo
Designer: Faye Wynn-Jones
Contributor Faye Wynn-Jones shows how she’s interpreted a digi stamp representing the Leo star sign, demonstrating how she’s used colour to bring the image to life. Follow the steps below to create your own Leo digi stamp card!
What do I need?
- Leo digi stamp by Making Cards & Papercraft
- Computer & printer
- White card
- 6x6 Trail Mix paper pad by MFT
- Pierced & Stitched Circle dies & Christmas Cheer Enamel Dots by Whimsy Stamps
- Die-cutting machine
- Copic marker pens (see guide)
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
Guide to using Copic marker pens:
- Skin: E000 (Ciao), E00 (Ciao), E01 (Sketch), E70 (Sketch)
- Hair: YR21 (Sketch), YR23 (Ciao), E97 (Sketch), E07 (Sketch)
- Eyes: B60 (Ciao), B63 (Sketch)
- Green: YG01 (Sketch), YG03 (Ciao), YG63 (Ciao)
- Red: R14 (Ciao), R05 (Ciao), E07 (Sketch)
How do I make it?
- Create a 15x10.5cm white card blank with the fold at the top.
- Re-size the Leo digital image to measure 9cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed in the guide. Carefully die-cut the image (Faye used the fifth die from the centre of the Pierced & Stitched Circle dies).
- Trim three red paper to measure 15.5x5.5cm, green paper to 15.5x1.5cm and striped paper to 10cmx5mm. Layer together.
- Wrap twine around the base of the panel, securing the ends at the back and fix to the card front. Add a twine bow.
- Stamp a sentiment in the top left of the card front using black ink.
- Attach the digi image to the bottom right of the card front with foam pads. Finish by adding enamel dots around the card front.
Where can I buy it?
Paper pad & dies available from www.diestodiefor.com.
Want to make a stunning star-sign themed card but your recipient isn't Leo? No worries, we've got a digi download for that! Check out the full series of zodiac digi stamps ready for downloading below...