13 May 2021
Download your free 'lion tamer' digi stamp as part of our circus series, ready to resize and use for a wide variety of cardmaking and papercrafting projects!
Meet our roar-some lion tamer as we continue our circus-themed series! Click the below button to download your free digi stamp – print as it is or resize to the desired size first.
Get stuck into the below tutorial featuring a 'party time' sentiment, showing you one of the many ways you can use your lion tamer digi stamp to create a gorgeous card!
The Circus... lion tamer!
By Faye Wynn-Jones.
What do I need?
- Computer & printer
- Making Cards & Papercraft Digi Stamp
- White & black card
- Copic marker pens (see below)
- Holiday Cheer paper pad by Honey Bee Stamps
- Celebrate & Congratulate Sentiment rubber stamp set by Stamping Bella
- Stitched Circle Scallop Frame die set by MFT
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad
- Enamel stars
- White gel pen
Guide to using Copic marker pens
Skin/brown: E13, E23 (both sketch), E25, BV23 (both ciao)
Eyes: B60 (ciao), B63 (sketch)
Hair/brown: C0, C1, C3 (all ciao)
Black: BV23, BV25, BV29 (all ciao)
Red: R14 (sketch), R17, R29 (both ciao)
How do I make it?
- Create a 12cm square black card blank.
- Re-size the digital image to measure 9cm high and print out on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed, then trim around the edge, leaving a narrow border.
- Add white spots to the red waistcoat with a white gel pen.
- Die-cut the scallop frame three times; twice with plain white card, once with black card and keep one of the white centres. Mount the die-cuts together, making sure you use the black frame as the top layer.
- Attach patterned paper, measuring 12cm square, to the card front. Attach the frame and the white centre to the card front, as shown.
- Stamp the sentiment in black ink at the right of the white panel.
- Mount the image onto the card front with foam pads. Finally add an enamel star next to the sentiment.
If animals are more your thing, be sure to check out our animal digi stamp series with 12 adorable animals to choose from!