11 July 2019
Get creative in your cardmaking with a vivaciously virtuous Virgo digi stamp.
What better way to personalise your cards than with a zodiac reference your recipient is sure to love? This fabulous free digi download is available to print as many times as you wish, so have fun and see how many different ways you can style this virtuosic Virgo stamp.
A few facts about Virgo...
Virgos are loyal, analytical and hardworking, but this can lead to all work and no play. They like animals, nature and cleanliness but dislike rudeness and asking for help.
Dates: August 23 - September 22.
Compatible signs: Pisces & Cancer
Strengths: Practical, kind, loyal, hardworking.
Weaknesses: Overly critical, worries a lot, shyness, obsessive.
Virgo likes: Nature, cleanliness, books, animals.
Virgo dislikes: Asking for assistance, attention, rudeness, unhealthiness.
Know someone who suits these qualities? Click here for your Virgo digi download!
Psst, don't fret if the card you're crafting isn't for someone with the Virgo star sign, this digi stamp is so versatile, it's ideal for celebrating bold and beautiful friends and family alike.
Colour the stars project... Virgo
Designer: Faye Wynn-Jones
Contributor Faye Wynn-Jones shows how she’s interpreted a digi stamp representing the Taurus star sign, demonstrating how she’s used colour to bring the image to life. Follow the steps below to create your own Taurus digi stamp card!
What do I need?
- Virgo digi stamp by Making Cards & Papercraft
- Computer & printer
- White card
- Copic marker pens (see guide)
- Black multiliner pen
- 6x6 Birthday Blowout paper pad, Watercolor Wash paper pad & Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame by MFT
- 6x6 Hearts & Dots paper pad by CC Designs
- It’s a Party enamel dots by Whimsy Stamps
Guide to using Copic marker pens:
- Skin: E50 (Ciao), E51 (Ciao), E21 (Ciao), BV20 (Sketch)
- Hair: B60 (Sketch), B63 (Sketch), C3 (Ciao), C5 (Ciao), C7 (Ciao), C9 (Sketch)
- Eyes: B60 (Ciao), B63 (Sketch)
- Green: YG01 (Sketch), YG03 (Ciao), YG63 (Ciao)
- Blue: B93 (Ciao), B95 (Ciao), B37 (Sketch), B97 (Ciao)
How do I make it?
- Create a 10.5x14.5cm white card blank with the fold at the top.
- Re-size the Virgo digital image to measure 10cm high and print on white card.
- Colour the image using the markers listed below, then carefully fussy cut the image leaving a narrow border all round.
- Trim three pieces of different patterned papers to measure 9.5x14cm, 8.5x13cm and 7.5x10.5cm. Layer two of the papers (the larger two) together at different angles on the card front. Add a doodled border along each side of the card front.
- Die-cut three frames from white card and stick together for depth. Attach over the remaining patterned paper, then attach the image inside with frame applying foam pads behind the head.
- To finish, add two enamel dots to the top left corner, inside the frame.
Where can I buy it?
Paper pads available from www.diestodiefor.com.
Want to make a stunning star-sign themed card but your recipient isn't Virgo? No worries, we've got a digi download for that! Check out the full series of zodiac digi stamps ready for downloading below...