11 February 2022
Calling all cake lovers... These cake-themed craft papers will look tasty on any cardmaking or papercrafting project! Download today and get crafting!
With every issue of Making Cards & Papercraft we produce quality printed craft papers. Every month on this blog we provide digital craft papers, similar to those provided exclusively with the magazine, but this time in digital format and make them available here on our website for everyone to download instantly, save and print as many times as you wish!
'Eat cake' digital craft papers
Have your cake and craft it, too with this delicious selection of watercolour cake designs, complete with complementary backing papers.
'Sparkly wishes on your birthday' card project
Wondering how to transform your papers? Follow the tutorial below for just one of the possibilities!
by Emma Williams.
What do I need?
- Making Cards & Papercraft Digital Craft Paper Collection – Eat Cake
- White, orange, yellow & pink card
- Computer generated sentiment
- Yellow adhesive pearls
- Black & white fine liner pen
- Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops by Tonic Studios
How do I make it?
- Create an 18x12.5cm white card blank with the fold at the top.
- Mount orange background paper onto yellow card measuring 17.5x12cm. Attach to the card front.
- Cut out the cupcake topper to measure 9.5x10.5cm and mount onto white card.
- Doodle a squiggly border around the outside of the topper.
- Double mount the topper on orange card then yellow card using foam pads before mounting the topper onto the right side of the card front.
- Cut a further strip of orange paper to 7x2.5cm, cutting an inverted ‘v’ into the left-hand side.
- Mount onto pink card, followed by yellow card, each time leaving a border.
- Draw faux stitching around the edge of the strip with a white fine liner pen.
- Add three yellow pearls along the strip and attach the to the left of the topper, tucking the end underneath the orange layer.
- Print out a sentiment, trim to size and fix along the bottom of the topper.
- Add dots of Crystal Drops around the image.
Looking for more sentiments? We've got you covered with our Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set!