29 April 2021
Learn the secrets of kawaii drawing and how to draw two different styles of kawaii unicorns in this tutorial from the 365 Days of Unicorns by Clémentine Derodit.
These cute little unicorns make a colourful and magical addition to any little one's birthday card. The instructions consist of easy to follow diagrams, which also makes the tutorial suitable for kids to do, too!
The projects are from 365 Days of Unicorns by Clémentine Derodit. Draw adorable unicorn pictures for a whole year – this fun book for the young and young at heart covers the widest range of unicorn designs ever – 365 of them no less! If you love this project you can get the book from our online shop WITH an automatic 10% off just for being you, PLUS free UK P+P!
How to draw kawaii unicorns
For all three tutorials you will need
- A pencil
- Coloured pencils or markers
- Metallic or glitter gel pens (optional)
Top tip! To draw, first use a pencil and an eraser. Some lines will need to be erased.
- Use simple shapes (shown in blue) to help you start your drawing.
- Continue by adding details bit by bit. They appear in red at each step so that you can easily spot them.
- Use the blue marks to guide you in drawing the facial details.
- Go over the outlines with markers – use lots of colours, it's more fun! Erase the construction lines when the ink is dry, to prevent bleeding.
- Colour with markers or coloured pencils and add small patterns around your drawing. Wow!
Top tip! Don't hesitate to use metallic or glitter gel pens to make your unicorn drawings shine!
Next, follow the visual tutorials below using the instructions above to create your own winged unicorn and celestial unicorn.
If you enjoyed drawing these cute unicorns, you can find more kawaii inspired designs in the 365 Days of Unicorn book! Or continue the animal theme with our animal digi stamp series ready for you to print and use in your cardmaking and papercrafting projects!