06 December 2021
Learn how to create a paper rosette decoration to hang from the ceiling or the tree in this festive step-by-step tutorial...
Follow the seven simple steps to create your very own paper rosette...
DIY paper rosette tutorial
You will need
- Paper of your choice
- Score tool or craft knife
- Glue/strong adhesive
1. Choose the paper you wish to use to create your rosette. For larger sizes you'll need to attach several coordinating pieces together. On the reverse of the paper use a ruler to draw horizontal lines, equal distances apart.
2. Using a score tool or a craft knife very gently score along the lines being careful not to cut though.
3. Fold the paper into a concertina – this will happen easily thanks to the scored lines.
Love the wonderful world of papercrafting? Making Cards & Papercraft magazine is you packed with projects, inspiration, top tips, the latest products and so much more. Plus, every issue comes with a gorgeous collection of craft papers! Check out the subscription offers today.
4. Repeat the steps above with as many pieces as required to create the size of the rosette desired.
5. Apply a strong adhesive along the edge of one piece.
6. Attach another piece being careful to line up the top edges.
7. Once you've created your desired size apply glue to the centre on the back to hold the rosette together firmly.