Competition closing date, 10th September 2017
- Design must incorporate the fairytale theme
Guidelines for entry
- Each entry should be the original work of the entrant with no help from others.
- No entry should have been entered into any other competitions or exhibitions.
- All exhibits need to fit within a base area of 44cm (17.3 inches) squared.
- All skills and techniques are welcome and encouraged
- No cold porcelain to be used.
- No cupcakes unless a decorative element of the overall entry.
- Dummies and/or internal supports are permitted but must be entirely covered.
- Anything used within your entry must be food grade and approved for use with cake. Do not use non-edible substitutes for sugar mediums.
- External decoration may include wires, tape, ribbon and stamens.
- Style and covering is the competitor’s choice – royal icing, sugarpaste, chocolate ganache or other edible coating.
- You will be required to submit the following for your entry:
- Photographs of your finished piece, both overall and from various angles, plus details.
- Photographs showing your entry being created in a step-by-step format.
- List of edibles and equipment used.
- Brief bio of yourself and your cake decorating experience.
- Images must not contain a watermark or identification so the judging can remain neutral. However if you do run a business, you must include your business name, website and facebook address. You do not need to run a business to enter.
- Any entry submitted must not be shown on any social media site or website prior to the announcement of the winner.
- Closing date for all entries is 10th September 2017.
- The Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft publishing team will be responsible for picking a preferred top ten of entrants following the closing date of 10th September 2017.
- The Winner will be voted for by the readers of Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft magazine.
- These results will be final, they are not open to discussion and there will be no specific feedback as to decisions made.
Publication of competition entries
- Photographs and details of any entries may be used throughout the Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft brand on multiple occasions. The Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft brand includes, but is not exclusive to, the Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft magazine, Cake Craft Guide magazines, website, social media, related email newsletters, show stand and associated literature and other related marketing material.
- Photographs and details of any entries may be used for marketing purposes via the sponsors of the Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft Great British Decorator 2017 competition. Details of sponsors and judges to follow.
Display of exhibits
- The top ten entries may be required for display at cake shows towards the end of 2017.
- While reasonable care will be taken with all entries, Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft, Anglo American Media and Warners Group Publications cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred during transportation or at the shows.
- Photographs or copies may be taken by any person attending such shows and as such entrants need to be aware that designs/ideas may be reproduced.
Competitors are advised to carefully read the rules and regulations before entering, ensuring their entry complies fully with the requirements and that you understand how your work may be displayed at a show and in media and marketing.