Event: Saturday 17th November 2018, Chateau Impney, Droitwich Spa with FREE P+P!
... Read More >>
Welcome to our first ever CAKE Live Demonstration Day!
Why not treat yourself to your hobby this November with a full day of sugarcraft demonstrations?! We’ve joined forces with our friends at FMM Sugarcraft to bring you a must-have masterclass in cake decorating! You’ll not only learn some invaluable skills to take home, but you’ll get first-hand access to the tricks of the trade from Cassie Brown and Carol Haycox, who will be using must-have products from the extensive FMM Sugarcraft range. You can also rub shoulders with our very own Editor Leeanne Cooper – all this for just £75 per person! Book tickets today and get ready to learn live from our demonstrators on this unmissable day out (at an unmissable price!) Tickets are for Saturday 17th November 2018 only.
Your demonstration day includes:
- Learn up-close and personal from four demonstrations with our great cake decorating specialists and ask those burning cakey questions
- A must-have exclusive goody bag full of handy products including three you can pick yourself
- 10 golden tickets for the chance to win Cassie Brown’s fabulous new book The Kew Book of Sugar
- Flowers in association with the prestigious Kew Gardens
- Be the first to know about FMM Sugarcraft’s BRAND NEW product, launching on the day
- Money off Cassie’s new book for those who weren’t lucky enough to find a golden ticket
- 50% off all FMM Sugarcraft products at the event
- See how to make the most of your FMM Sugarcraft products first-hand
- A FREE copy of the latest issue of Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft magazine
- A tasty hot or cold buffet lunch as well as hot drinks and snacks throughout the day
- Enjoy stunning grounds and a relaxed atmosphere at Chateau Impney in Droitwich Spa
On top of this, you will learn desirable techniques from Carol and Cassie, such as:
- Preparing the sponge correctly to get great results with buttercream
- Making wired and non-wired flowers
- Creating floral arrangements and tropical leaves
- Using support dowels to stack multi-tiered cakes securely on a cake board
- Adding colour and texture correctly for a modern look
- Achieving a smooth and professional cake finish
Meet Cassie Brown:
Multi award-winning floral sugar artist Cassie has been an integral part of cake decorating and sugarcraft artistry since the tender age of fourteen. A British Sugarcraft Guild member since 1990, Cassie has also worked closely with Cake Decoration & Sugarcraft magazine for many years and is a valued contributor.
Meet Carol Haycox:
Carol has been using the excellent FMM cutters for over twenty years, being a much loved FMM demonstrator. Carol will be showing you all the best tips and sought-after secrets of the trade! Carol will teach you how to enhance the cake base by adding flat decorative pieces to complement Cassie’s flowers.
Meet Leeanne Cooper:
Leeanne loves to meet with sugarcrafters and mix with her favourite community to discover what tutorials they’d love to see in the magazine. So if you’ve got any special requests, this is your chance to have your say. You could even get featured in the magazine.
Chateau Impney is a beautiful listed building, full of original French architecture and breath-taking parkland setting, provides the perfect backdrop for any occasion. Easily accessible by road: From junction 5 off the M5, follow the A38 towards Droitwich Spa and Worcester for approximately five minutes. By rail: The nearest train station is Droitwich Spa, which is just over a mile from the hotel.
Date: Saturday 17th November 2018
Times: Arrival 9.30-10.00am. Finish 5:00pm
- Your e-ticket will be sent to you before the event
- There is disabled access and disabled toilets at the venue
- Please bring your ticket to the event for entry
*Limited spaces available so book fast
Cancellation policy: If you can no longer make the event, a full refund will be given up to 7 days from purchasing your ticket. After this date, refunds will not be available.