1/12th Scale Greenhouse
You will need:
- 1cm wide x 2mm thick wooden strips
- PVA glue
- Thin plastic sheets
- White acrylic paint
- Sanding paper
1. Cut all the pieces from thin, 1 cm wide and 2 mm thick wooden strips and sand the pieces if necessary. Kati’s Top Tip: An ideal source for this project is an old table mat or Venetian window blind.
Materials for two roof sections:
4 Pieces x 16.5cm
10 Pieces x 8cm
Plus two pieces of thin plastic sheet, 7.5cm x 16cm
Materials for two long side walls:
6 Pieces x 16cm
4 Pieces x 12cm
6 Pieces x 9cm
Plus two pieces of thin plastic sheet, 15.5cm x 11.5cm
Materials for two short end walls:
4 Pieces x 12cm
6 Pieces x 10cm
4 Pieces x 9cm
Plus two pieces of thin plastic sheet, 9.5cm x 11.5cm
2. To create the roof glue five 8cm pieces onto two 16.5cm pieces. Make two of these to form a roof
3. Make the two long walls by gluing two 12cm pieces onto three 16cm pieces and finally glue three shortest (9cm) pieces onto the middle. Make two of these walls.
4. Make the short end wall by gluing two 12cm pieces onto three 10cm pieces. Glue two short pieces (9cm) pieces to the middle. Create two of these walls.
5. Create a doorway by carefully removing one on the bottom strips.
6. Assemble the greenhouse walls by gluing them together. Allow the glue to dry.
7. Assemble the roof by gluing the roof pieces together and leave to set. You can glue the roof in place if you desire but it is easier to decorate by leaving the roof loose.
8. Paint the greenhouse with white acrylic paint.
9. Finish the greenhouse by gluing thin clear plastic sheets within the walls.