09 February 2022
Learn how to make tiny roses to bring joy and beauty to your dolls house or miniature scene in this easy, step-by-step tutorial by Kati Kainulainen using green silk paper, masking tape and thin wire.
Looking for a simple way to brighten your dolls house? These roses are easy to make using only a few items!
DIY miniature roses project
By Kati Kainulainen.
You will need
- Green silk paper
- Masking tape (2cm wide)
- Thin wire
- Paper glue
1. Gather your materials for the roses – thin wire, strip of green silk paper and a masking tape – that’s all you need!
2. Cut a 7cm piece of masking tape and fold one-third of the tape over as shown.
3. Keep the folded side up, and twist the tape on itself.
Ready for more? Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine has plenty for you to get stuck into – from step-by-step projects and fascinating features through to artisan interviews, the latest news from the world of miniatures, inspiration from across the eras and so much more! Explore the print and digital subscription offers today.
4. Cut a 12cm long piece from thin wire and roll it around the bottom of the flower.
5. Wrap the ends of wire around itself.
6. Starting from the flower, roll the green silk paper downwards around the wire, forming a flower stem.
Top tip! You can colour the flowers with light acrylic paint or Indian ink.