19 May 2022
Add a pop of colour and some iconic beach foliage to your beach scene with this super simple to make miniature palm tree by Candy Chappill.
Create your own miniature paradise to escape to with this quick and simple tutorial!
DIY miniature palm tree tutorial
You will need
- Polymer clay – sand colour
- 3mm spacers
- Small round cookie cutter
- Baking method
- Polymer clay – green
- Spacers – 1.5mm
- Wooden balls
- Swivel pin vice
- Drill bit – 3mm
- Craft wire
1. Roll out some sand coloured polymer clay 3mm thick. Use a small round cookie cutter to cut out lots of little circles. Bake according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Roll out some green coloured polymer clay 1.5mm thick, and cut around the palm leaf template using a needle or scalpel.
3. Carefully place the green clay on wooden balls, making sure all edges are flattened down. Bake on the wooden balls.
4. When your sand circles are cool, drill a 3mm hole in each one – you don’t have to be too neat with this part.
5. Once your leaves are baked and cooled, attached a long piece of craft wire to each one using superglue.
6. To assemble your palm tree, thread as many leaves as you want through your sand circles. Trim and secure the end with some superglue.
Wasn't that project a breeze?! If you're looking for more beach-inspired miniatures, create a miniature deckchair to sit underneath your palm tree...