29 April 2022
Add some much needed shade to your miniature beach scene with this super easy floral parasol tutorial by Candy Chappill.
Sit back, relax in the sunshine and throw some shade with your very own miniature parasol (beach umbrella)... Perfect for your beach scene or dolls house garden! Complete the tutorial in just five simple steps.
DIY miniature parasol tutorial
You will need
- Fabric swatches
- Double sided tape
- Wooden dowel
- Bead cap
1. Using the single triangle as a template, cut out seven fabric triangles. Mix and match your fabric designs if you want.
2. Print the octagonal template onto a piece of card and cut out. Score along all of the lines, and cut along just one line to the centre of the octagonal to create a split.
This project originally featured in the June 2015 issue of Dolls House & Miniature Scene. Pick up a digital copy of the magazine, or subscribe for year-round inspiration straight to your door or digital device!
3. Using strips of double sided tape, apply each fabric triangle to the triangles on your octagonal card. Leave the eight triangle left on your template next to your split.
4. Once all seven fabric triangles have been stuck in place, stick your eighth blank card triangle under one of your fabric triangles using a bit more double sided tape. This should create a continuous fabric parasol and add a bit of height.
5. Take a piece of wooden dowel and attach to your finished parasol using a pin.
Top tip! Add a bead cap between the pin and the parasol to create a nice neat top.
Now that you've finished your parasol, breeze through this miniature deckchair tutorial!