24 June 2022
Add some fun to your beach scene, with these bright and colourful miniature inflatable rubber rings by Candy Chappill.
Take a dip in the sea and splash about in a miniature inflatable rubber ring with this easy-to-follow tutorial!
DIY miniature inflatable rubber rings tutorial
You will need
- Casting resin
- Mixing cup
- Stirring stick
- Silicone donut moulds
- Sticky stencil
- Poster paints
- Paint brush
- Resin colourant
- Super Glue
1. Using some casting resin, mix a suitable quantity and half fill your silicone donut mould.
2. Once your resin has cured (usually overnight), apply some sticky stencils to the top of your resin layer.
3. Paint your stencils with your desired colours, you may need to do a few coats.
4. Once the paint is dry, mix some more casting resin and top up your donut mould to your desired level.
5. Using some resin colourant, mix some more casting resin and pour into a separate donut mould, this will be the bottom of your ring.
6. Once both halfs of your rings are fully cured, remove from the mould and glue together.
Add some seating to your miniature beach scene with the perfect picnic bench, in the next instalment of our beach series. While you wait, why not create some shade in preparation for your picnic, with this miniature floral parasol?