09 February 2022
Learn how to make a 'sweet' batch of jammy heart 'cookies' for a love-themed miniature scene in this quick and easy step-by-step tutorial by Moi Ali using polymer clay...
Whether you call them 'cookies' or 'biscuits', these heart-shaped 'sweet treats' make the perfect addition to a dolls house kitchen table, celebration or Valentine's miniature scene.
This project originally featured in the February 2016 issue of Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine as part of Moi Ali's Valentine's project. Get your copy today to access the full tutorial!
DIY polymer clay jammy heart cookies
By Moi Ali.
You will need
- Polymer clay – beige
- Craft knife
- Old toothbrush
- Small ball tool
- Small brush
- Liquid polymer clay such as Fimo decorative gel
- Pastels – yellow, brown & red
- Cocktail stick
1. Roll out a sausage of beige clay approximately 5mm thick. Using a craft knife, cut small slices of clay approximately 3mm thick.
2. Roll each slice into a ball slightly smaller than a pea, then flatten with your finger to form a cookie.
3. Press each cookie onto a piece of sandpaper to texture the reverse side. Texture the top of the cookie using an old toothbrush. Dab the surface lightly with it.
Falling in love with the world of miniatures? Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine is for you, brimming with step-by-step tutorials, features that'll make you go 'wow', artisan interviews, inspiration from across the eras, the latest from the world of miniatures and ideas to keep you busy all year round! Explore the print and digital subscriptions today.
4. Using a small ball tool, create an indented heart on each cookie.
5. Paint the surface roughly using a small brush and yellow pastel. Highlight the edges using brown pastel to create a baked cookie effect.
6. Mix a little liquid polymer clay with red pastel to create ‘jam’. Using a cocktail stick, drop it onto the recessed hearts. Bake.