Find out how to make a simple miniature WW1 first aid kit, courtesy of Jane Harrop...
How to make your WW1 simple first aid kit
By Jane Harrop.
You will need
From 1/4in (6mm) diameter dowel:
- 3/4in (19mm) length for cotton wool
From 1/8in (3mm) diameter dowel:
- Three 1/2in (13mm) lengths for dressings
- Black tissue paper
- White or cream copier paper
- Tacky glue
1. Cut a piece of tissue paper large enough to wrap around the cotton wool dowel.
2. Secure with a tiny amount of tacky glue.
Top tip! Press the side edges of the paper on to the ends of the dowel for a neat finish.
3. Print the labels on to copier paper, trim to size and glue the cotton wool label centrally on to the package.
Love escaping into the world of miniatures? Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine is for you – packed with step-by-step projects, techniques, seasonal inspiration and ideas from across the eras, expert interviews and so much more! Explore the print and digital subscription offers today.
4. Repeat the procedure to make the dressings using the thinner dowel.
Visit Jane’s website for even more great miniatures.