Join Alison Yeates for a live presentation covering the many mediums of colour that can be applied to parchment and how to apply them, plus much more!
Adding colour to parchment with Alison Yeates
Tuesday 29th June at 3pm (all timings are in London time)
Exploring the many mediums of colour that can be applied to parchment – oil pastels, blend-able pencils, inks, felt tipped pens, gel pens, acrylic paints – and demonstrating the method for applying each medium. Alison will talk about the colour wheel and how to choose the best colour for each project, whilst also looking at natural plant material to explore those colours and textures.
What you will learn
- How to choose the correct medium for the project, and how to apply it.
- How to choose the colours that will enhance the design.
- The webinar will take place on Zoom and will include a 45-minute live presentation plus a 15 minute Q&A session at the end (these are approximate timings and may vary slightly).
- Once you have registered for the webinar, you'll receive an email confirmation containing your link to join the webinar on the day.
- During the webinar, you'll have the opportunity to submit your questions and chat with fellow attendees using the Q&A and 'chat' buttons at the bottom of your screen.
- The webinar will be recorded and will be made available to all registered attendees for a limited time following the live webinar.
To book your place for this webinar, please click the button below to visit the registration page.
About Alison Yeates
I first started parchment craft in 1993 when I saw a parchment pattern in a craft magazine for a heart shaped anniversary card. It was my parent’s ruby wedding coming up and I thought I would like to do the card for them. I sent away for the starter kit and some red ink and as soon as I put pen to paper – or embossing tool to parchment – I was hooked. After a while, I went to do the teacher’s course with Martha Ospina (the founder of Pergamano). I was self-taught at that stage, and the course was so enlightening as I was shown how the techniques were supposed to be done; this was of course before ‘YouTube’ or very many teachers were about. I have been teaching and demonstrating the craft ever since. I run regular zoom classes at the moment and have run regular residential courses. I love parchment craft as it is so varied with so many aspects, from the white embossed work, delicate lace and grid work to the coloured pencils and paints.
Don't miss our other exciting webinars coming up with Alison on a range of parchment craft topics! To view all of our upcoming webinars, click here.