Join embroidery artist and designer Jessica Grady for a live presentation where you'll learn how to incorporate zero waste and recycling ideas into your textile projects, along with how to source materials and transform them.
How to get started with Zero Waste Textile Ideas with Jessica Grady
Thursday 8th July at 7pm (all timings are in London time)
Embroidery artist and designer Jessica Grady will explore how to get started with incorporating zero waste and recycling ideas into your textile projects. In the webinar Jessica will cover how to find and source materials including interesting household materials to recycle and try out, and ways to use found and natural materials in your textile projects. As well as using the raw materials Jessica will also discuss how surfaces can be transformed through processes such as dyeing, fusing and manipulating to create exciting ideas that have lots of potential for varied projects. The webinar will include live video with Jessica showing her sample and material collection as well as imagery and small demo videos of different processes. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions.
What is covered in the webinar?
- Finding materials - where to look.
- Different types of material and their properties and uses.
- How to adopt simple practices to save and recycle household waste for textiles.
- Looking at nature - finding natural materials.
- Transforming materials into exciting ideas.
- A look at Jessica’s sample and material collection.
- Demo of some transformation techniques.
- The webinar will take place on Zoom and will include a 45-minute live presentation plus a 15 minute Q&A session at the end (these are approximate timings and may vary slightly).
- Once you have registered for the webinar, you'll receive an email confirmation containing your link to join the webinar on the day.
- During the webinar, you'll have the opportunity to submit your questions and chat with fellow attendees using the Q&A and 'chat' buttons at the bottom of your screen.
- The webinar will be recorded and will be made available to all registered attendees for a limited time following the live webinar.
To book your place for this webinar, please click the button below to visit the registration page.
About Jessica Grady
Embroidery artist Jessica Grady creates hand stitched 3D sculptures and wall art, utilising unconventional and recycled materials to create her own colourful and intricate embellishments and sequins. Jessica has created embroidery designs both as an artist and as a freelance designer. Her own work has been exhibited across the UK, Europe and Asia and she is a member of British group: Art Textiles Made in Britain. She also teaches various workshops for education, private groups and individuals
To view all of our upcoming webinars with Jessica Grady and more, click here.